Monday, December 15, 2008

Full moon morning




Not much in the way of adventure this weekend. Bad poison oak still, cold wet weather, and lots of holiday logistics made me only do one big hike. Woke up around 6:30 and headed off to Pheonix Lake. The fullish moon was still out and the sky looked amazing with the rain clouds and sunrise. I decided to hike up Eldridge Grade to the East Peak of Mt. Tam, ~12 miles round trip. I hiked pretty hard, but my layering system wasn't great so I kept having to stop and change my clothes around. Lots of vocal birdies and awesome views of the whole Bay Area. Anyhow, it was nice to be outside, but the trail is kind of boring as just a hike. Though I did amuse myself that I found a trail with the least likelihood that I would have to touch a plant- Poison Oak is still my nemesis. It's basically an unpaved road. Once I got to the peak the rain started, and it actually got a little slushy at one point- California snow!
Anyhow, made it up and back in 3:45 flat. Now back to a week of work, a drive down south, hopefully a quick backpacking trip with a girlfriend, picking up my fiance in LA, then a week of surfing and eating for the holidays!

No comments: