Monday, January 26, 2009

Not a wedding, and not a trail

Did 16 miles on the treadmill today. Did them the way the nice old lady at the Angel Island trail race told me to run the AR50- 25 minutes at a comfortable place, then 5 min walking. Still took 2:45, and still felt tough, but the treadmill magnifies things. Then H helped me work up a training plan like an actual athlete. Luckily, you get to plan to surf, backpack, and trail run.
I can't wait for this snow to melt and to get back to running on trails. I fall asleep at night hurting for the Sierras in summer. What an extra funny burden to feel so connected to the natural world- another relationship to maintain, that you hurt without, that you have to prioritize. I don't feel that t I have a connection that others don't, but rather stunned at how strong the illusion that we are not connected to nature really is.

1 comment:

jb said...

Oh gosh, I'm embarrassed! That's so sweet that you read it- I really am just trying to keep a record of what I do, and maybe when I actually get a chance to dedicate more time to my writing I will officially unveil it! We are so happy you will be there in June, and we hope to see T as well...